Mon, 24 May|
Stitch Clever Studio
3 Day: Bridal, Evening Wear and Prom Dress Course
Award Winning Course. You will learn all about making bridal gowns from Sheila-May, who has been making bespoke bridal gowns for over 30 years and had her dresses featured in various articles, including on the cover of ‘You and Your Wedding’ magazine!
Time & Location
24 May 2021, 10:00 – 26 May 2021, 16:00
Stitch Clever Studio, Harborne, Birmingham B17 0RX, UK
About the Event
Award Winning Course. You will learn all about making bridal gowns from Sheila-May, who has been making bespoke bridal gowns for over 30 years and had her dresses featured in various articles, including on the cover of ‘You and Your Wedding’ magazine! This is also an ideal course for those of you who want to make prom dresses and ball gowns. The skills learned are useful for all areas of dressmaking
You will learn:
- the techniques required for making a boned bodice
- why particular interfacings and interlinings are used in order produce a professional finish
- how to apply piping
- how to make rouleaux loops which are used for threading through the back tie fastening to produce a corset type fastening
- how to apply invisible zips
- how to produce a variety of hemlines for different fabrics and styles including veils
- fabric bows and flowers are currently very fashionable and you will make samples of a variety of fabric flowers suitable to add to bridal gowns, corsages and shoe clips.
- We will discuss the construction of the bridal gown, fabrics, veils and much more.
(All equipment, fabrics, interlinings and materials are included). You may wish to bring a packed lunch.
You can pay for this course in instalments. Please contact Sheila-May for information.
Day 1/3: Boned Bodice TechniquesZoom
Day 2/3: Bridal Sewing SkillsZoom
3 Day Standard
Limited place tickets