Lingerie Techniques: Camisole
Time & Location
About the Event
On this one day Camisole Workshop you will learn all you need to know about making camisoles and you will make a camisole for yourself. The techniques can also be applied to a variety of clothing including dresses and tops.
Camisole tops are a lovely addition to a matching set of lingerie and can be worn under sheer tops or as an extra layer in winter. Camisole tops are now extremely fashionable worn as outer garments. You will learn how to work with woven fabrics cut on the bias. How to stitch a variety of lace edgings and lace insertions in a variety of fabrics. You will make a camisole top.
An intensive session where you will learn:
- about fabrics suitable to make lingerie
- learn how to make a variety of suitable seams and hems used for these different fabrics
- You will discover how to apply lingerie laces and lace edgings
- lace insertions
- lace appliques
- the techniques you learn for sewing lace can be used on other projects, such as clothing and childrens wear
- you will discover how to make shoe string straps
- how to cut out and sew bias cut fabric
- you will make a wide variety of samples on the day to use for reference when making your own lingerie
- you will sew a lace trimmed camisole in a size to fit you
- you will leave with your new found skills, knowledge and techniques to be able to add lace to dresses, skirts and your general dressmaking projects which are extremely fashionable right now
This course is suitable for beginners who can use a sewing machine and sew an accurate seam and for more experienced dressmakers wishing to learn how to make specialist lingerie.
All equipment, materials and fittings included in the cost of the workshop
Maximum 6 places
You can pay for this course in interest free installments. Please call or email for further information.
- Standard Ticket£120£1200£0