Thu, 05 May|
Stitch Clever Studio
Pattern Cutting : Trousers 2-day course
Make a trouser pattern in your own size and sew them to create a perfect fit.
Time & Location
05 May 2022, 10:00 – 06 May 2022, 16:00
Stitch Clever Studio, Weymoor Rd, Harborne, Birmingham B17 0RX
About the Event
Beginner – This is a beginner pattern cutting for those who can sew and have made garments, but have not previously made your own patterns.
- You will draft a pattern for a pair of trousers in your own size
- Sew up the trousers as a toile (mock up)
- Make any adjustments to the trousers
- Transfer trouser adjustments on to the pattern
- Learn how to make a pattern for facings
- Learn how to make a pattern for a waistband
- How to make pocket patterns
- Finalise the pattern in your own size
You will leave with your finished pattern, that you can use over and over again for make trousers to your own fit.
Each day starts at 10am and ends at 4pm
All course materials are provided.
- Sewing machines
- Scissors, pins sewing equipment
- Pattern Drafting Paper
- Pattern drafting rulers
Maximum 6 people on this course
There will be plenty of hand sanitiser and you will be required to wear masks and adhere to social distancing. One student per table.